If I haven't offended you yet, just keep reading.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

The Quest for the perfect tree

Each year we have a tradition of harvesting our own Christmas Tree in Spring City Canyon with my Family. Here are some pics from this year.

The roads were nice and snowy. Dad almost got his truck stuck while turning around. It was funny to watch him freak out trying to get out, almost get stuck again, freak out some more, almost hit a tree then finally get out. The truck said 50 MPH but his actual speed was 3 MPH.
This year we brought the 4 wheeler which also came in handy for transporting everyone (at the same time). Good thing I tore off the sticker that said "No Passengers"

Pulling the kids on the disc Clark Griswald makes it look so easy!

Aiden invented a new trick the "Reverse Snow Angel" this is nice because by doing it this way you can identify the gender of the angel.

"Say Cheese" Mom, Dad, Laura and Charly Girl. Laura made sure Chard was completely covered from head to toe in pink.


Clinton and his pal Aiden.



That's me getting Clints tree a 4 foot beauty! Perfect for a college apartment.


Dad and Char. Sweet beanie I thought he looks like an old school submarine operator. Laura says he looks like the dad on Petes Dragon. I was right.



Clint with his sweet tree.

After 3 prospective trees we finally (after much deliberation) found one.


Have you ever seen pics of hunters haulin' out there deer or elk on there ATVs well I think this is as close as I will ever get.

It took us 3 days to put it up because we threw our stand away last year and everywhere was sold out of new ones so Laura searched high and low finding one at a smiths in Highland. It was a piece of crap broke when I was tightening the screws, righty tighty lefty loosy?

Every year Aiden and I are in charge of putting the lights on the tree. I finally realized after doing it so many times that it is not because I do such a good job but rather that it is a really sucky job to have to do, but I still like it.

Charly doin her part. You can tell which ornaments Charly put up because they are all in a close group about 2 feet off the floor. The Santa Claus is such a good movie.


Nice dance hun, your celebrating a bit early we still have to put up the angel.

Char was standing on a chair putting up decorations when she fell forward through the tree branches and straight to the floor knocking down the cluster of balls that she previously hung, good thing they were plastic. I was a little late taking the picture I just got the end when she was whimpering to her mom.

After I took about 5 pictures of the kids I finally got a good one.
By the time we transported the tree from the canyon to our house some of the branches were broken leaving the tree a bit asymmetrical and misshapen kind of like the trees on the Grinch who stole Christmas


Ahh, finally done I like to look at it, its shiny and sparkly.

1 comment: