If I haven't offended you yet, just keep reading.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kodachrome 2011

KODACHROME 2011
Every Memorial Day weekend we have a big get together/family reunion with my family and Tom & Janice's family in Kodachrome state park.

This formation is the centerpiece and crown jewel of  Kodachrome. It has been called many different names but we call it ..... well ..never mind, but the reason why we call it that is because its shape resembles a ...... okay just forget this whole paragraph.


Ruby chillin' with Grandpa

Charly loves playing with Max

Having some of our traditional breakfast burritos


Aiden 

Ruby sleeping on my extremely large belly

Oh, how cute, they fell to sleep together in the couples chair.

Here's a close up, notice how their mouths are open, indicating very deep sleep

Charly shooting Cami right in the eyeball with the squirt gun

Don't get the camera wet!

We rented this sweet little trailer so our Ruby would be protected from the elements.

Rublet


Later we went on a sweet bike ride

Clint, Tyler, and me, overlooking Bryce Canyon


Tom and Tommy

Here's Tom running over Steve's leg for getting in his way

And here's another classic Steve picture

Clinton making his way up a steep hill on his new unscratched and undented bike.

This is a pic. of Tyler just before throwing his bike down and yelling "I'm sick of this, I'm walking home!!"

As you can see in this zoomed in photo, Tyler is actually crying.



You may be asking yourself how I was able to capture these wonderful pics. and still be in them. The answer is; I'm just that good.

WORLDS GREATEST CREPES

Sunday morning was our turn to make breakfast so I decided that I would make my famous crepes, and when I say famous what I mean to say is that 9 of the 15 people who have tried them said they would consider having seconds.

This is me looking like a player, getting ready to cook, you totally can't even tell that I just woke up.

This is Aiden trying to hide and be the first in line for crepes.


It was a little too windy outside so we sat up the crepe bar in our trailer, it worked out perfectly. There's nothing worse that a crepe that has sand blown in it.


Steve looking like a Pimp. Becky says that she loves when he flips his lenses up like that, it reminds her of a convertible car with the top down.

Here's Steven, helping the kids with their Jr. Ranger packets. Notice how Max is winking at the camera, and it's obvious that it takes him little effort to do so.


Takin' a Bath

Chillin' like a villain


It was so windy on Sunday that we decided to take the party to The Kline's house in Henrieville

Tom can make a mean batch of barbecue ribs, he claims that Famous Daves has offered him a million dollars for his secret recipe, but he told them he would never sell out.

Tod catching some air on the jump

The miracles of technology.


I really had to use the restroom and the one at the house gives me stage freight because it's so close to the kitchen so I had to ask the neighbors if I could use theirs.....they said no. Ha, kidding, I was just trying to find some good cell service in order to quickly download a very funny YouTube video to show everyone.






My Mom entertaining Ruby

Max and Charly, attacking Tommy (right where it counts)

Tommy teaching Aiden a very dangerous figure skating move, their form is amazing.

Notice the bandage on Tommy's arm, minutes earlier he crash landed Tom's motorcycle while jumping. Tommy got all patched up but wouldn't stop fussing until Janice gave him a root beer with a twizzler straw. Notice the half grin on his face.


CAMPFIRE TIME

On the last night we always stay up and hang out around the campfire, we don't drink so we have to make do with caffeinated beverages and smores



Yep, only Steve would eat a Smore on a plate, he's so proper.


Steve also told me that besides eating smores on a plate, he uses a knife and fork to eat Snickers bars.


On this night a very interesting experience happened that I would like to present to you.

Well first I kept smelling this very strange burning smell, it smelled like leaves burning but kind of sweet, and it definitely wasn't the campfire.
Second, Tod was acting very jovial and ate about 14 smores, and all other food in sight, which is very odd because anyone who knows Tod, knows that he eats like a bird.
It wasn't until I began compiling my photos that I was able to piece together all the evidence and conclude that Todd was indeed smoking some weed that night

This is Amanda proudly holding a jumbo sized smore, but, what's truly interesting about this pic. is that I inadvertently captured Tod in the background, closer examination of this picture is astounding.


Here's a closer look at Tod's face, notice how his eyes are half way opened and glazed over. Also notice how he has a half smile because he couldn't stop giggling.

You can also see that Tod is eyeing over Amanda's Smore because he had a major case of the munchees.

Now here's a closer look at the suspicious item in Tod's hand, yep, definitely weed.

The next morning I found this on the ground next to where Tod was sitting.



Each year we try to melt things on the fire, for example one year we had a fire so hot that we figured we could melt sand into glass, we obviously failed. But this year we focused on melting coins


As you can see my tool (left) is far superior to Tod's

When Tod realized that my tool was better he got mad and tried (unsuccessfully) to hit mine to the ground


This is a red hot quarter, we couldn't melt it, but I saved it for next years attempt

The next morning my Mom made some of her amazing sweet rolls, well she didn't actually make them while we were camping, she premade them at home then heated them up while camping, so yes, she did make them just not while camping. That's not to say that she couldn't make sweet rolls while camping, it's just much easier to make them in a full size kitchen at home. Not to say that trailers don't have full sized kitchens, they just typically have very small ovens compared to those in most residential dwellings, unless of course that residential dwelling that is being compared to is another camping trailer then they would be of comparable size assuming that the owner did not change the oven to a larger size.


Here's Clint and Cami, proudly standing directly under the pride of Kodachrome

Tyler and Amanda proving that Iphones are much more entertaining than babies, notice how they're both smiling and I'm not.

All that gaming just wore me out!

At this point I would like to end this wonderful blog post with a short experience that occurred while driving home
After it was all done we packed up and headed out. On our way home we hit some bad traffic in Spanish Fork. We were driving along at normal speeds when all of the sudden we came around a bend and traffic was stopped, fortunately I had left enough space between me and the truck ahead of me to stop in time. That is, until a car from the fast lane swerved out in front of me, at that point I knew we were going to crash and destroy my truck and the rented trailer. Unable to stop in time, my only choice was to attempt to swerve around the delinquent car and fit between it and the barrier. Laura covered her eyes, she knew that a serious crash was inevitable. As my tires screeched I somehow miraculously was able to fit my 7' wide truck in a 5' wide space and miss the car and by less than an inch. After passing the car, while doing all I could to keep my middle finger under control I noticed Laura slowly uncover her eyes, she had a look of surprise on her face because she thought we were toast. It took me 20 minutes to stop shaking, but we made it home safe and sound.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment